- Beever, E.A., Wilkening, J.L, Billman, P.D. et al. (+47 authors). 2023. Geographic and taxonomic variation in adaptive capacity among montane mammals: implications for conservation status and actions. Biological Conservation. 282: 109942. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2023.109942
- Billman, P.D., Beever, E.A., Westover, M.L., and D.K. Ryals. 2023. Spatio-temporal variability in the strength, directionality, and relative importance of climate on occupancy and population densities in a philopatric mammal, the American pika (Ochotona princeps). Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution. 11:1202610. doi: 10.3389/fevo.2023.1202610
- Billman, P.D., Carroll, K.A., Schleicher, D.J., and B.G. Freeman. In Review. Forecasting range shifts: species’ abundance distributions “lean” prior to shifting their range limits.
- Beever, E.A., Westover, M.L., Smith, A.B., Gerraty, F.D., Billman, P.D., and F.A. Smith. In Review. Climate drives patterns of occupancy and density more strongly than biogeographic contributions, across a trailing-edge montane mainland.
- Parker, T., Fraser, H., Nakagawa, S., Gould, E., Fidler, F. Vesk, P., Griffith, S., . . . Billman P.D. et al. In Prep. Same data, different analysts: variation in effect sizes due to analytical decisions in ecology and evolutionary biology.
- Stewart, J., Beever, E.A., Ray, C., Doak, D., Billman, P.D. et al. In Prep. Interpreting Signal in Species-Climate Relationships with Intraspecific Variability.
- Billman, P.D., Beever, E.A., Thurman, L.L., McWethy, D.B., & K.C. Wilson. 2021. Factors influencing distributional shifts and abundance at the range core of a climate-sensitive mammal. Global Change Biology. 27(19): 4498–4515. doi:10.1111/gcb.15793
- Billman, P.D. Assessing alternative drivers of occupancy, abundance, and elevational range retraction at the range core of a climate-sensitive mammal. Master’s Thesis.
- Smith, A.B., Beever, E.A., Kessler, A.E., Johnston, A.N., Ray, C., Epps, C.W., Lanier, H.C., Klinger, R.C., Rodhouse, T.J., Varner, J., Perrine, J., Seglund, A., Hall, E., Galbreath, K., Anderson, C., Billman, P.D. et al. 2019. Alternatives to genetic affinity as a context for within-species response to climate. Nature Climate Change. 9(10): 787–794.